Mander Hadley Logo


Mander Hadley Solicitors in Coventry 024 7663 1212


Mander Hadley Solicitors in Kenilworth 01926 857631

Protecting your future
 and those you care about

Dementia & Mental Capacity Side Arrow

Related links Down Arrow

Make an enquiry Down Arrow

Anyone can experience mental health issues and illness at any time.

If you become unable to look after your own money, then someone, in most cases a close relative, can apply to the Court of Protection and be appointed as a Deputy.

Applications to the Court of Protection

The application process is quite involved. The process will take several weeks. It will not usually be necessary for anyone to attend a Court hearing and once a Court Order has been obtained, and a Deputy is appointed, this person will be able to manage all the finances and property; signing cheques, paying bills and even selling a house or other land or property.

The Court may of course supervise the Deputy to a greater or lesser extent, and will generally keep an eye on things.

If this is something which you think you may need to become involved with, contact Mander Hadley now to discuss how we can help you.

It’s worth remembering that the Court of Protection process can be avoided by making a Lasting Power of Attorney so that, if you should ever become unable to look after your own financial and property affairs, you will have already made proper provision, saving a good deal of time, worry and expense.

Our lawyers are members of the Society of Trust and Estate Practitioners (STEP) and Solicitors for the Elderly.

We offer a free initial meeting and free safe storage of Wills, Deeds and Powers of Attorney

Contact us now and let us take care of matters relating to Court of Protection applications. You are in safe hands at Mander Hadley.

For more information please consult our Dementia & Mental Capacity Experts: