Mander Hadley Logo


Mander Hadley Solicitors in Coventry 024 7663 1212


Mander Hadley Solicitors in Kenilworth 01926 857631

Your move

Conveyancing: Which searches do I need? Side Arrow

Related links Down Arrow

Make an enquiry Down Arrow

Local search

This search is carried out with the Local Authority to find out whether there is any public information about the property which may affect its value or saleability. It will provide information on, amongst other things, planning applications relevant to the property (whether granted or refused), building regulation history, any enforcement action, restrictions on permitted development, nearby road schemes, contaminated land and radon gas.

This is only carried out in respect of the property you are purchasing and does not include any adjoining or adjacent land – separate fees are payable to the Local Authority for each area of land searched. Therefore the local search will not state whether a neighbour is planning to build an extension or whether there are proposals to develop any land in the vicinity of the property. If you are worried about the future use of adjoining land, you are able to obtain information directly from the Local Authority.

To see the rest of our full FREE GUIDE please click on the icon below.